Part-Time In-Store Sales Associate
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: New York
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
Our commitment to our customer journey begins and ends with the customer in mind. We believe that each customer experience should be unique and exceed expectations, and that there is never a final interaction. To honor that commitment, the Sonos in-store bandmate will:
- Provide the right, personal customer experience by listening and understanding that the customers' needs take precedence above all else.
- Evolve the customer's journey and ensure that every guest leaves with an understanding of: What is Sonos? What can Sonos do for me? What product is best for my needs?
- Support and interact with fellow bandmates through clear effective communication and peer development that enables each individual to deliver their best. Understand that we succeed because of what we deliver together, leveraging each other's experience and knowledge.
- Assist management in the selection and development of future bandmates
- Consistently exemplify the Sonos behaviors including:
- Speak with caring candor
- Assume good intentions
- Show up on time, listen attentively and contribute to the team.
- Proudly ask for help and freely give it
- Seek out diverse viewpoints
- Share concerns with managers
- Share motives, decisions, experiences and knowledge with other bandmates
- Do what's best for Sonos
- Embrace the task no matter how big or small
A day in the life:
Nothing brings the power of Sonos to life like a mind-blowing, hands-on demo. It’s by far the most inspiring way to showcase our amazingly integrated listening experience and help guests quickly grasp what Sonos can bring to their homes and their lives. This is what the store is designed to deliver.
As a team member, you create incredible moments of learning built around a listening experience that demonstrates our great sound and simplicity. You help navigate store guests through their personal experience in a highly interactive, energetic, music-filled retail space. Every interaction is unique to the guest; you make a personal, authentic connection to drive the right experience based on where the customer is today and where they want to go.
You work well with a highly collaborative team, understanding your strengths and the strengths of your teammates and when to leverage those to create the right experience. While remaining engaged in each customer interaction, you also use your deep knowledge of Sonos and music culture to ensure we’re sharing all aspects of how Sonos performs and can change the way people listen to music.
You utilize downtime to own and focus on continued learning, your development, and actioning stretch assignments or tasks that aid in your development and in store operations. Always refining your contributions as an individual and as a team member.
Sonos is a game changer and we expect our shop experience to provide the same for everyone we impact throughout the day. You care deeply about the experience above all else, and every contact you make with our shop guests is another opportunity to stoke the Sonos fire.
- Able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week with flexible availability
- Proven experience in retail leadership environments
- Capability of working in fast paced and highly flexible environments
- Self-aware and exceptional communicator with a high level of transparency
- Effectively receives and communicates feedback
- Able to listen and interpret body language to deliver and cater interactions authentically, but specific to each individual's needs
- Entrepreneurial background with a willingness to take ownership of elevated tasks as needed to support business needs
Customer and Team Centric -
- Experience in retail operations, customer service or hospitality
- High expectations of self and team
- Passionate about getting to know others and belonging to a diverse group of peers
- Committed to exemplifying the Sonos behaviors every day
- Prefers team over self and gains maximum clarity through learning from and teaching others
Adaptable and Creative -
- Prefers being a part of a dynamic ever-changing environment vs. a scripted checklist sort of environment
- Able to work with multiple groups of customers at the same time
Strong Communicator -
- Possesses and understands the effectiveness of story-telling in order to impact individuals and teams
Self-Motivated & Open-Minded -
- Able to take initiative and make decisions when needed without a lot of guidance
- Open to trying new things and approach problems with creative unproven solutions
- Recognizes opportunities for improvement and willingly takes ownership
- Musician or deep knowledge of diverse music history
- Enjoys helping others experience similar love of music
- Streaming music enthusiast
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.