PR Manager, China
Our brand is changing the way people listen to music and consume content, and we’re on a mission to bring this experience to a global audience. In order to execute on our mission to empower the world to listen better, we need to hire a PR specialist to ensure we continue build a strong music-centric brand, as well as maintaining and expanding our product reputation amongst the consumer technology, lifestyle media and blogger community.
Working in close partnership with the global PR team, you will be responsible for leading our media relations efforts in China market to continue to establish Sonos as the leading sound experience brand.
Reporting to the Marketing Director China, you will work closely with the China marketing team and the broader China GTM team to continue to build a strong music and culture-centric brand, as well as maintaining and expanding our product reputation amongst the consumer technology, lifestyle media and social influencer community.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
Deliver a compelling PR plan that drives awareness of the Sonos brand and quality reputation for the Sonos product experience. Lead our PR agency in connecting to modern creatives, music lovers and cultural influencers, reinforcing Sonos’ position as the most sought-after brand in home audio.
Corporate PR: Grow, protect, and defend the corporate reputation of Sonos Inc which listed n NASDAQ in late 2017 (SONO). This includes business communications, executive communications, social impact, issues and crisis management.
Product PR: Drive interest in, understanding of and conversation around the Sonos brand and products through culturally connected storytelling, experiences, and partnerships. Be the advocate of meaningful product experience storytelling internally and externally.
Brand PR: Build and protect the product reputation of Sonos, across software, hardware and partner integrations. Lead execution for new product unveils, news & reviews, partner announcements, proactive/reactive compete efforts, and security.
- Proven experience in consumer technology as well as brand PR.
- Ability to secure original feature coverage across different media channels
- Extensive experience with product reviews processes
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills
- A keen music lover and/or embedded in local creative culture
- Extensive knowledge of local media landscape and excellent media contacts in China
- Energetic, optimistic, outgoing. A connector.
- Combines strategic clarity, creativity and exceptional executional strength to build impactful and original PR programs.
- Inspiring, hands-on, a collaborator with great attention to detail who can ideate and execute end to end.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- 5+ years of experience working with likeminded brand(s) either in-house or in agency in an international consumer brand environment, ideally in music, technology or consumer lifestyle marketing.
- Proven experience managing PR/brand activation agencies/partners.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives in a fast paced, matrix environment to deliver on deadline and on budget.
- Bachelor or above degree in PR / marketing related major. Bilingual, good written and spoken Chinese and English.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.