New Grad 2019 | Release Engineer
Location: Santa Barbara, Seattle
At Sonos, we're passionate about creating the finest sound experiences in the world. One of the keys to great experiences is great software. Great software is as important at Sonos as our award winning hardware. Great software isn't an accident. It takes hard work, solid processes, and good tools. It takes many iterations of trying different ideas, getting feedback, and adjusting. This critical experimentation and iteration requires software pipelines that quickly deliver our latest ideas, captured in high-quality code, out to testers, partners, and customers. The Sonos Release Team is focused on this mission. On building and maintaining the software delivery pipelines that keep our customer experiences ahead of the curve.
As a Release Engineer, you'll work with the team to create and maintain a world class Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline that stretches from code check-in, through build, test, delivery, and deployment. We're continuously building our mobile application, embedded player, and microservice based software. Whenever code is checked in, we build, test, and archive. Each night, we execute full builds of our software. Each sprint we deliver multiple releases to alpha, beta, and production users. If you’re passionate about the software development lifecycle, in CI/CD and deployment pipelines, in software build tooling, in DevOps, and in Agile and Lean software development, then let’s talk and see if Sonos would be the right fit for you.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Source control management systems
- Software build tooling for mobile applications on Andriod, iOS, Mac and Windows, for embedded applications on Linux based hardware, and for cloud based microservices
- CI servers
- Enterprise repository management systems such as Artifactory or Nexus
- Agile project management tools
- Internal scripts used to package and publish software releases
- Internal web applications that use web services and API calls to manage software releases and software configurations
- Release distribution systems including Apple and Google App stores as well as Sonos’ own internal software distribution services
- Cloud infrastructure
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in a release engineering, DevOps, internal tools developer, or related role
- Basic shell script experience (bash)
- Experience creating or maintaining software build scripts (make, maven, gradle, or other)
- Experience setting up, administering, or managing projects in source control systems (Perforce, Git, or other), CI systems (Jenkins or other), and Agile project management tools (Jira or other)
- Experience creating or maintaining web applications
- Experience with cloud based infrastructure as a service tools (AWS or other)
- Basic data analytics skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.