National Account Manager: Key accounts
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
To support our evolving company strategy and business growth as a Sonos ANZ team we are looking to add a talented bandmate to our team with the newly created role, National Account Manager: key accounts. Our brand is changing the way people listen to music, we know when people listen better, they live better and we’re on a journey to bring the power of listening better to a global audience.
The National Account Manager: key accounts, will join our existing commercial team, adding important account management pedigree to our team and will lead key parts of our sales and channel efforts in the region into our top retail accounts.
A local key account, key partner champion – with an innate feel for the brand, brand strategy coupled with deep understanding of our retailer’s strategy, business and shopper audience you will work closely with all internal functions of the local Sonos ANZ team and regional APAC team (& global leads as needed) to ensure the relevant needs of the key accounts are met and goals / objectives of Sonos and our key accounts are aligned and maximized. This role reports directly to the General Manager, Sonos ANZ-SEA.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Responsible for direct account ownership of our Australian key accounts.
- Building on existing relationships working towards Sonos becoming a critically important strategic partner to our top accounts, leading to effective GM/executive account relationships, sales & business growth and the longer term success of Sonos in the local market.
- Develop, build, deliver category-led annual account plans that establish and anchor our strategic partnerships, and include our core sales objectives, key priorities, key initiatives and partner commitment in support of our overall Sonos ANZ business and channel objectives.
- Working closely with the GTM leadership & Retail experience lead in particular, to manage, land and execute all channel / retail programs, promotions and activities specific to our key accounts
- Ongoing analysis and reporting of key account business performance, market trends and needs in order to meet our business & financial targets, always looking for growth opportunities to ensure we make the necessary adjustments to get results back on track if needed.
- Provide ongoing direction at an all-up account/national level to our Retail experience lead (& through them to our 3rd party retail management agency, our “field” team), our National advocacy & training lead and our local Marketing team to ensure retail programs & brand representation are executed well at a store level.
- Full accountability of sell-through forecast and expectations for national account performance. Including improving the level and quality of insights from our key partners, and the provision of business insights from those partners in the pursuit of a strengthen category management approach.
- Working with Operations to manage the inventory levels to ensure agreed weeks of cover and availability targets across our national accounts.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s, degree required.
- 10+ years of customer facing roles within the wider consumer industry, especially building and managing key retail account relationships (experience working directly with JB HiFi, Harvey Norman and other key consumer electronic retailers is highly preferred)
- Broad professional background within Sales, Product / Category management or Marketing.
- Entrepreneurial background
- Strong Business Acumen & results Oriented
- Creative, inspiring and progressive.
- A storyteller with outstanding interpersonal skills: approachable, ability to quickly establish rapport, communicate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Displays a persistent, positive attitude to problem-solving and recognises that goals are achievable, even with obstacles
- Fluent in English (required)
- Strong affinity with our brand, products and a passion for music!
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.