National Account Manager - Canada
Retail, Sales and Commercial
Our ideal candidate has worked in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, brand led environment. You are the channel leader for some key partners - setting the sales strategy, influencing the focus and effectiveness of the field team, managing our channel partner execution, and accountable for delivering our growth targets. Strategic vision, passion, integrity, strong communication skills and an eye for great execution are all required. The right candidate also has a proven track record collaborating effectively cross–functionally, with Marketing, Operations, Finance and Legal teams.
This is an exciting time for Sonos, and Canada has been one of our strongest performers recently in terms of execution and business momentum.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
- Articulate the Sonos vision of filling every home with music and devise account specific strategy to meet that goal.
- Responsible for delivering the targeted sales growth in the assigned accounts.
- Participate in the Canadian Leadership Team responsible for leadership, guidance, and development of the Canadian business.
- Develop a deep relationship with key positions and partners in the assigned accounts.
- Meet with merchants and demand planning teams with the goal of improving overall sales growth.
- Travel to regular account meetings.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of the assigned accounts, market, and industry.
- Consult with key cross functional teams regarding Marketing events, POS recommendations and overall best practices.
- Forecast business and align with the account on strategies and tactics to deliver the numbers.
- Act as a category captain than can sell consultatively with the accounts by leveraging consumer insights, sales data, and syndicated data to shape the category and drive the Sonos ecosystem.
- Proven track record of successfully launching, growing, and managing strategic national accounts within the Consumer Electronics industry.
- Energy and passion to do it again – but much bigger!
- Strategic thinker, strong planner, quality executor – all done collaboratively as part of the SONOS band.
- Strong analytical skills – good with the numbers.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with cross functional buying, inventory, supply chain and marketing teams within a large and complex national retailer.
- Natural leader & collaborator, trusted advisor, do-er, ability to lead a section of the SONOS band.
- High energy and passionate about bringing music and joy to every room of the home!
- Strong relationships with key partners inside of the Canadian CE Industry.
- Strong business acumen, strategic sales planning and forecasting skills, and ability to develop a long term business plan.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a national strategic account management role.
- Travel 35%
- Work from home office
- Highly proficient at Excel and Power Point
If you think you have what it takes to fill every Canadian home with music, please apply and impress us. We will get back to you within 2 weeks.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.