NPI Process Engineer – Assembly
NPI Process Engineer – Assembly
Location: Shanghai, China
Join the revolution that is delivering the best audio experience in the world as a member of the team responsible for the delivery of product assembly for Sonos’ next generation speakers. You are the owner of certain assembly process for a new development project. The scope may include mechanical assembly, system assembly and packing process, etc. You are responsible to lead engineers from contract manufacturer to develop fixture, equipment, automated assembly machine and associated SOP for assigned process. You will own the resolution of manufacturing process related issues and support failure analysis of design issues from manufacturing process engineering point of view. Have fun every day on this fast paced, creative team and help take Sonos to explore new places in this space. You will care passionately about product quality and functionality, and if you’re a music lover that’s all the better!
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent with 8 plus years in mechanical manufacture engineering or mechanical design development experience
- Very experienced in mechanical parts assembly technology, familiar with several of following manufacturing techniques: RTV glue, AB glue, CA glue, PSA, gasket, EM part Dip & soldering, heat stacking, USW, screwing, laser etch, package assembly, and related fixture and automation development
- Experience in realizing consumer electronics product in mass production which involves precision mechanical parts assembly and high cosmetic requirements
- Able to understand and challenge tolerance stack ups for assemblies to meet gap/step requirement
- Solid knowledge and extensive hands-on experience of DFM (DFx).
- Experience in advanced analysis & problem solving techniques including DOE, failure analysis, 8D problem solving, CpK, GR&R, PFMEA etc.,
- Experience in production line development techniques including flow chart, cycle time calculation, UPH setup, line layout & balance, SOP, MVA calculation etc.,
· Proficient in the use of 3D mechanical design tools. Such as Pro-E, UG, NX or Catia etc.,
- Fluent in written and spoken Mandarin and English and able to communicate effectively in a global environment.
· Leadership experience is a plus. Project Lead, Team Lead, Technical Lead...
- Willingness to travel extensively in China and to the US.
- Experience in development of unique manufacturing process is a big plus.
- Having worked on acoustics products is a plus, familiar with system air leak, Rub & Buzz analysis is strong plus
- Passion for music is a strong plus!
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.