Mechanical Engineering Lab Technician
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You will provide assistance in running the prototyping shops by performing basic tasks within the wood, metal and paint shops including (but not limited to) cutting, machining, gluing and painting
- You will organize and stock materials and hardware
- You will clean and maintain shops and equipment
- You will support prototype engineers by using machining technology to cut and fabricate prototypes
- You will improve your skills & knowledge in CAD, CNC machining, CAM programming, manual machining and woodworking
- You will clean 3D printed parts and maintain 3D printers while advancing your skills in Solidworks
- You have basic shop experience
- You are knowledgeable in shop safety practices
- You have experience working in a machine shop or wood shop environment
- You are willing to learn and follow direction
- You are interested in product development and manufacturing
- You have uncompromising work ethic
- You have CAD experience - Solidworks or NX preferred
- You have experience using woodworking tools such as the table saw, router, band saw or nail guns
- You have manual machining experience
- You have experience with CNC machining
- You have experience with CAM programming
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.