Mechanical Engineer | New Grad 2019
Sonos seeks a Mechanical Engineer at the start of their career who aspires to be part of a world class Product Development team. The successful candidate will be joining a team of Mechanical Engineers responsible for designing world class wireless audio and home theater components. The team seeks individuals who are detail oriented, naturally inquisitive, and driven to create great products. If you love a challenge, are passionate about solving problems and seek a position that pushes your creative boundaries, this role could be for you.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Become proficient in and use Siemens NX for 3D part and assembly design.
- Create manufacturable designs incorporating input from Sonos’ in-house experts and peers to achieve the highest degree of manufacturability at lowest cost.
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering Analysis team to achieve structural and thermal integrity through simulation.
- Own all documentation responsibilities for parts and assemblies assigned to you.
- Support all builds from early prototype to mass production including international travel to contract manufacturers.
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (BSME) degree required.
- As a BSME you are expected to be able to conduct “back of the envelope” structural and thermal calculations to guide your design decisions.
- You must have a fundamental interest in mechanical design. Any examples you can provide to demonstrate this interest should be presented.
- You must be open and willing to accept input from peers and subject matter experts. Sonos is a highly collaborative workforce, it is through this collaboration that the highest quality designs are produced.
- You must be a good communicator both written and verbal. You will be expected to participate in cross functional design reviews, and communicate openly with peers on a daily basis.
- Prior experience working in engineering teams, especially designing parts using Siemens NX, PTC Creo, Solidworks or equivalent 3D CAD software is a plus but not required.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally is required.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.