Marketing Specialist, Canada (Contract)
British Columbia, Ontario
**This is a 1 year fixed-term employment opportunity**
We’re here to do one thing – fill every home with music. Our mission has never been more vital than it is today. While streaming finally unlocks access to all the music on earth, the critical question remains how we’ll experience it. Will music be imprisoned by earbuds? Or will music be liberated by real innovation and reemerge as the cultural campfire around which people have gathered for millennia? As marketers at Sonos we have a responsibility to directly influence this outcome. Our brand is changing the way people listen to music, and we’re on a journey to bring this experience to a global audience. The Marketing Specialist, Canada is responsible for leading our channel strategy and day-to-day marketing efforts in country and executing local brand activations that support building Sonos as an iconic brand that connects deeply with our audience. These regional channel marketing and brand activation plans will integrate seamless into our global strategies to fuel our growth ambitions. This role reports directly to the Marketing Lead, Canada.
Our ideal candidate has worked in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, brand led environment. You are the local channel marketing champion – working closely with the Marketing Lead, Canada setting the country-level strategy and leading the execution of tactical plans. In addition, the Marketing Specialist, Canada will be a key partner for the CA commercial (sales) team and CA partners/dealers, overseeing the creation of high impact brand and product communication, programs and experiences that exceed our audience’s expectations. Strong communication and project management skills, passion, integrity and an eye for great execution are all required. The right candidate also has a proven track record of channel marketing and working collaboratively effectively cross-functionally with Regional/Global Offices and with the business outside of marketing including Product, Sales, Operations and Customer Care.
This is an exciting time for Sonos, and Canada has been one of our strongest performers recently in terms of execution, brand heart and business momentum.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
• You are the local channel champion – with an innate understanding of retail marketing across online/physical tactics coupled with a deep understanding of retail merchandising for our consumer.
• The Marketing Specialist, Canada will lead marketing within the dealer/partner channels partnering with sales leadership to develop and drive programs, strategically aimed at accelerating growth within the channel.
• You will ensure all of our activities in channel lives up to our strongly held company values and brand promise. Every time. Your work directly impacts brand perception and commercial outcomes in the Canadian market.
• This role will support the development and execution of channel wide marketing initiatives such as product launches and promotions. This work involves partner with the global marketing organization and wider regional team to recommend, develop, and execute physical and digital assets required to make the programs successful.
• You will develop and drive annual channel marketing plans for our partner/dealer channels consistent with our brand strategy, marketing calendar, and audience needs.
• As an expert in this space, you will recommend merchandising experiences, execution plans, and budgets for the channel. In addition to supporting project execution and display maintenance between multiple stakeholders and collaborate with Field Marketing to surface and integrate insights into plans and recap activity in channel.
• This role will partner with the US retail marketing team to deliver CA retail dealer/partner communication through our email deployment system.
• Supporting the wider Canadian market, you will be a key liaison with global teams and translation team to drive localization requirements across all marketing vehicles i.e., training materials, dealer/consumer communication, paid and retail assets. In addition, to working closely with the Marketing Lead, Canada to deliver local brand activations in market.
• You will manage the CA PO process with AP/Finance for our CA opex budget partnering with finance, sales and the Marketing Lead, Canada.
• You will work to proactively solve day-to-day problems and exercise good judgment, including determining when to escalate issues and when to make decisions.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related experience.
• 5+ years of sales and marketing experience. At least 2+ years of marketing experience is preferred.
• Ability to interpret and implement a brand and company strategy in channel (retail) spaces.
• Experience understanding and addressing consumer needs.
• Experience balancing the needs and goals of retailer’s with those of Sonos.
• Experience working with teams hands-on to tackle complex problems.
• Experience working in a go-to-market led environment, fast-paced, high growth, product-driven environment. Experience working in a consumer-facing technology company a plus.
• Collaborative; able to build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
• Organization and process management experience, including attention to detail. Ability to deliver complex programs with unique details and nuances to multiple stakeholders.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to get an idea through clearly and succinctly. Ability to unite stakeholders with different opinions.
• Strong analytical experience and the ability to turn insight into action.
• Experience with CRM systems is ideal.
• Verification of your employment eligibility in Canada is required.
Apply now and if there is a strong match we'll reach out!
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.