Marketing Lead, Latin America
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You are the local brand champion – with an innate feel for the brand coupled with a deep understanding of our brand strategy and target audience.
- Working to get our experience principles, the brand strategy and our target audience at the center of everything we do. Ensuring all of our activities live up to our strongly held company values and brand promise. Every time.
- Work intimately with the local MD to provide leadership, drive change and build an effective strategy for Sonos Latin America.
- Develop an integrated annual Latin America marketing plan. Plans that are on strategy globally, underpin ambitious business objectives and are anchored in local insights and market knowledge.
- Rally the teams to ensure marketing programs are executed to a level that lives up to our brand.
- You are the retail/channel mkt champion – with an innate understanding of channel marketing across online/physical tactics coupled with a deep understanding of retail merchandising that will benefit our consumer.
- Provide direction & approvals to our localization team to ensure all our communications are aligned to brand strategy but also resonate to local consumers with the right tone & voice.
- In-depth target audience understanding and business sense - adjusting plans and programs as needed to drive brand goals, the right return on investment and near-term business objectives.
- Provide local context and insights to the regional and global marketing teams to influence and shape global strategy and brand vision.
- Become the organizational “glue” to link the wider team to the Sonos brand in Latin America.
- Work seamlessly between local, regional and global teams and across marketing functions to deliver an integrated 360 view and plans – including; Brand Activation, Brand Comms, Digital, PR and Channel Marketing.
- Using your commercial sense, be able to work with the local Sales & Channel Marketing teams to define channel strategy, influence partners, drive innovation in our approach and the channels used to create new opportunities for Sonos.
- Engage with potential partners/influencers to drive Sonos advocacy & brand activation opportunities.
- Responsible for the day to day management of channel opex including month end review, invoice payment, PO management and budgeting future fiscal years.
- Support the Global and Regional PR / Brand Experience teams in market with planning, brand activation and agency management.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a marketing professional with a mix of commercial and brand building capabilities, primarily in the consumer-facing internet space with a career mix of start-ups and highly recognized consumer brands known for outstanding and creative marketing strategies.
- Ability to work with teams and stakeholders to find simple and elegant customer-centred solutions, supporting great experiences and business growth.
- Earned & owned media experience through CRM, .com, Digital, and PR.
- Native Spanish speaker (Mexico preferred) with great communication skills.
- Relationship builder who is comfortable working within a matrix environment with a variety of people and functions– design, media, executives, functional stakeholders, partner company leaders and others.
- Self-starter, go-getter who will work with teams hands-on to tackle complex problems.
- At home in a brand led environment. fast-paced, high growth, product-driven environment. Experience working in a consumer-facing technology company a plus.
- Collaborative; able to build trusting relationships and deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Able to display sound judgment through well informed decision-making.
- Able to think at a strategic level and comfortable creating and leading the building of brand and business strategies.
- Can express facts, strategies and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
- Able to travel throughout the region frequently and visit Sonos’ global offices (Santa Barbara, Boston, Hilversum) as needed.
- Passion for music and genuine desire to build something amazing at Sonos.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.