Manufacturing Test Engineer
Department: Product Operations
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work with the PD team to develop the MFG test strategy for new products.
- Work with PD team to define test requirements for Digital, Analog, Wireless, and Acoustic designs.
- Review new product designs with PD for testability (DfT).
- Develop test strategies for new product features.
- Work with the MFG Test Engineering team in Asia to implement test process at our contract manufacturing partners.
- Design test fixtures for PCBA test and Final Assembly tests.
- Validate new MFG test station designs, test flow at CM for new products.
- Work with MFG team in Asia to support existing product lines.
- Document all aspects of MFG test.
- Develop manufacturing test software with LabView/Teststand for new products and improve existing test software.
- Support NPI Prototype through mass production start builds at CM.
- 5+ years of experience in development and implementation of manufacturing and test processes for high volume consumer electronic production lines, including PCBA and Final Assembly test fixture design.
- 3+ years experience in developing manufacturing test programs using LabVIEW and TestStand is a must.
- Excellent test debugging skills; able to root cause product firmware, Manufacturing test software, or hardware issues.
- BSEE or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some travel to Asia to work with our CM's is required. Approximately 10-15%.
- Experience with Diagnostic firmware and linux operating system.
- Perl is a plus.
- Ability to work with teams located in various sites to develop MFG test processes.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.