Manufacturing Test Engineer
Department: Product Operations
Are you ready to make a difference in a growing organization and work in an environment that enables people to perform beyond their maximum potential? Join our band as a Test Engineer of product engineering team.
Design and Implement high volume production oriented manufacturing test solutions include test hardware and software for PCBA and System level.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
A Day in the Life
- Design, implement, and maintain manufacturing test solutions for wireless speaker products.
- Engage with Product development team to review product design at early stage, ensure DFT principle are applied in product design phase.
- Work with test fixture suppliers to develop high-volume production oriented, platform based test fixtures.
- Develop/Optimize LabVIEW/Teststand/Perl based test software.
- Create technical documentations includes test spec, test flow, test hardware drawing, software release notes.
- Drive continuous improvement activity, such as production efficiency improvement, yield improvement, test time reduction and process optimization.
- Performing other tasks as directed or needed.
Success in the role:
- You work closely with Product development team to ensure DFT(Design for testability) been well implemented and reviewed in design process.
- You are recognized as a key member to deliver MFG test solution in MFG test development process.
- You have the deep trust of all company partners and that of your Operations team members both from a technical competency point of view and from the ability to make things happen.
- You are working closely with CM engineering team, suppliers, product development team and local test engineering team to ensure test solutions are well designed, fabricated, installed and maintained.
- You are proactively research and identify opportunities to continue improve the MFG test efficiencies, yield.
- You have developed MFG test software/solutions that are modularized, platform complied, easy to maintain, high yield.
- You are extending your knowledge and experience to develop software tools(data analyzing, reporting etc.) that can help other team members to do their job more efficiently.
- Good knowledge in functional test area, eg, usage for different test instruments and communication protocol, experience to development test software with Labview/Teststand.
- Familiar with Linux based embedded system Hardware/Software architecture, understanding of Linux based diagnostics.
- Good Knowledge in circuit theory including analog, digital and WIFI.
- Fluent English.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.