Manufacturing Test Engineer 02
Department: Product Operations
Are you ready to make a difference in a growing organization and work in an environment that enables people to perform beyond their maximum potential? Join our band as a Test Engineer of product engineering team.
Design and Implement high volume production oriented manufacturing test solutions include test hardware and software for PCBA and System level.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
A Day in the Life
- Design, implement, and maintain manufacturing test solutions for wireless speaker products.
- Engage with Product development team to review product design at early stage, ensure DFT principle are applied in product design phase.
- Work with test fixture suppliers to develop high-volume production oriented, platform based test fixtures.
- Develop/Optimize LabVIEW/Teststand/Perl based test software.
- Create technical documentations includes test spec, test flow, test hardware drawing, software release notes.
- Drive continuous improvement activity, such as production efficiency improvement, yield improvement, test time reduction and process optimization.
- Performing other tasks as directed or needed.
Success in the role:
- You work closely with Product development team to ensure DFT(Design for testability) been well implemented and reviewed in design process.
- You are recognized as a key member to deliver MFG test solution in MFG test development process.
- You have the deep trust of all company partners and that of your Operations team members both from a technical competency point of view and from the ability to make things happen.
- You are working closely with CM engineering team, suppliers, product development team and local test engineering team to ensure test solutions are well designed, fabricated, installed and maintained.
- You are proactively research and identify opportunities to continue improve the MFG test efficiencies, yield.
- You have developed MFG test software/solutions that are modularized, platform complied, easy to maintain, high yield.
- You are extending your knowledge and experience to develop software tools(data analyzing, reporting etc.) that can help other team members to do their job more efficiently.
- Good knowledge in functional test area, eg, usage for different test instruments and communication protocol, experience to development test software with Labview/Teststand.
- Familiar with Linux based embedded system Hardware/Software architecture, understanding of Linux based diagnostics.
- Good Knowledge in circuit theory including analog, digital and WIFI.
- Fluent English.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.