Manager Software Development (Customer Experience Technology)
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
Good managers build good teams.
- You'll be responsible for hiring, mentoring, and retaining top engineering talent as you build out the team. You will lead a team of high performing engineers working on multiple projects and releases. Your coaching and mentoring experience will help make them better.
Good managers get things done.
- Your experience managing all stages of large engineering projects from concept and design through implementation and release will be vital to the success of the team. This includes staffing, project management and documentation. It includes operational readiness and tracking the results of the release to validate that we’ve met business objectives.
Good managers think big.
- Working with your partners across the organization, you will develop processes and strategies for producing new features, products and tools that delight our customers. Examining what is expected of your team and generating a technical design and architecture is also something you will be expected to do in this role. You’ll be building roadmaps with the Customer Experience Technology leadership team.
- You've written software that gets used by millions of people. You have deep experience in managing engineers working together on large software projects and are adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and effectively, not only to other engineers, but especially to those that are not engineers. You have a proven track record of shipping reliable, extensible and maintainable software.
- You know what the Agile Manifesto is, you understand it and most importantly you know how to apply it. You have 10+ years of experience in software development with at least 5+ years of managing software engineering teams and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Being a creative problem solver with an understanding of the unique challenges and benefits to developing people-centric applications on the web is a must. You have a working knowledge of modern web development, including React, CSS utility frameworks and Express/node.js.
- If you have experience with networking concepts you earn you bonus points. We're also excited about your experience with data mining and machine learning.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.