Manager, Product Integrity Engineering China
Sonos is on a mission to inspire the world to listen better. We’ve designed a seamless home music experience. Now we strive to empower listeners, everywhere. We are looking for an inspiring leader to join us on this journey in the role of Manager, Product Integrity Engineering China, for our Shanghai location.
Manager of Product Integrity China is a high-visibility role within Sonos Product Development reporting to HW Product Development senior management in US. This skilled professional is accountable for supporting Sonos product creation activities by leading and growing the local 4-person test team. Role also includes guiding contract manufacturers during new product development, including representing HW PD in quarterly business reviews with CM partners, with dotted line to the VP of HW Product Development. In this role, Manager - PIE China, will act as a connector between Sonos China & US HW verification teams and between Sonos & contract manufacturers. Your challenge is to ensure CM capabilities match Sonos strategic requirements in collaboration with Director of CM Sourcing.
Manager, Product Integrity Engineering China, leads the daily work of local HW test team. Some of the responsibilities include task assignments, mentoring, prioritization, methodologies, processes, follow-up and tracking. Manager owns and communicates team decisions, manages technical and schedule risks, and drives local technical, personnel & resource challenges to resolution. As Manager, Product Integrity Engineering China, you will be responsible for owning the HW verification of NPI products at CM locations during Product development. You will be an integral member of the product development team by defining verification strategies across ongoing NPI programs. You direct CM’s QA teams, and lead your own team, to ensure all planned HW testing is completed on schedule.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Manage daily operation of the team. Lead and coach team members to success. Provide guidance and priorities setting to the team members. Act as a link between your team, US PIE team and contract manufacturer teams.
- Maintain and develop business and work relationships with contract manufacturers. Provide priority updates and instruct to test teams at CM partner sites to direct ongoing testing activities. Represent Sonos PD on CM reviews and provide support to PD senior leadership. Help CM to develop and evolve HW testing by identifying improvement actions. Capture, analyze, and summarize CM test development needs and potential capacity gaps.
- Together with your team, ensure timely high quality HW testing of prototype builds at CM facilities. Ensure proper verification strategy, test planning & execution, issue debugging and result reporting. Own overall accountability of HW verification for Sonos product development in China. Manage resources per given priorities.
- Interface with other teams within Sonos HW product development and operations. Try to understand their HW test needs and help them with their challenges
- You will lead and guide team in multi-site, cross functional environment with high energy
- You will mentor, inspire and develop high performing team. You will improve team capabilities and support team morale
- You will keep the team on track, which means ensuring they are using proper amount of time and resources at correct, highest priority tasks. You follow-up on team deliverables.
- A natural leader who is motivated by challenges.
- Strong people management skills. Fair with high integrity.
- Has passion for, and experience in, creating great products
- Technical background like e.g. BSEE, BSME or equivalent
- 10+ years-experience in consumer product hardware development, verification or HW quality area preferred
- Knowledge of HW development processes
- Experience working together and maintaining relationship with contract manufacturers & suppliers. Understanding of auditing their capabilities and operations.
- Able to support and advise senior leadership in building and developing business relationships
- Sense of ownership for the success of a project, demonstrated by high drive, energy, and enthusiasm
- Able to travel within the Asia and USA on regular basis
- Organization comes naturally and is paired with verbal and written communications skills that bring cross-functional teams together
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.