Manager, Manufacturing Development Engineering
Department: Product Operations
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- A people manager with a passion to develop your technical team of process and test engineers; provide them with the tools to grow.
- Empower your team early in new product development to create proofs of concept models, develop risk mitigation plans and offer recommendations for redesign.
- Provide project resource allocation, priority setting, performance reviews.
- Develop team policies, procedures and KPIs; be a change leader for continuous improvement.
- Ensure DfX implementation into new product designs (design for mfg, test, assembly, logistics, service/repair); escalation to partner functions as needed.
- Expand our lab capabilities to grow the team’s ability to analyze manufacturing processes outside of a prototype build; for key processes such as adhesives assembly, test or test firmware pre-qualification, etc.
- Create an environment for advanced manufacturing development; part finishing techniques for limited edition product variants, sustainable manufacturing processes, automation approaches for manual operations, etc.
- As a key member of the Extended Operations Leadership Team, you will be expected to contribute to the future direction and transformation of the Operations team as we strive to become the highest performing organization in our industry.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering..
- 10+ years experience as a team leader of a technical (manufacturing &/or test) engineering team.
- Deep experience in design for excellence, application and measurement with focus on assembly (DfA/DfAA), testability (DfT), manufacturability (DfM) and service/repair (DfR).
- A bridge builder to partner with PD/ID, our on the ground team and our manufacturing supply base.
- Ability to influence others with regards to optimization of a new product design for manufacturing &/or service.
- Willingness to travel to Asia; expect 15%.
- Experience with planning & execution of design of experiments (DOE), statistical tolerance analysis (TA) and process Six Sigma.
- Passion for music is a strong plus!
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.