Manager, GTM Insights & Analytics
Department: Business Operations
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Strategic Thinking. Contribute to developing comprehensive business strategies, taking into account consumer, category and market trends. Able to confidently present strategic, data-driven recommendations to senior leaders. Comfortable challenging the status quo and driving change using data and insights.
- Leadership. Exceptional communicator with the ability to influence and inspire action. Exceptional relationship builder and collaborator with ability to effectively navigate the organization and at all levels. Project manager with the ability to lead vendors, partners and internal teams to accomplish goals over defined time horizons. Unafraid to take innovative approaches to problems, with a mindset that values progress over perfection.
- Business Acumen. Able to connect the dots, using many data sources to identify business insights and recommend solutions that drive results. Focused on ROI and ensuring insights are actionable.
- Voice of the Customer. Ability to manage and execute against a framework for Customer Experience (CX) metrics that drive business outcomes, such as Net Promoter Score (NPS). Knowledge of CX metrics, industry trends, best practices, and technology capabilities.
- Category, Product, and Brand Research. Plan and lead research activities to underpin business decisions and new product launches with insights on pricing, positioning, and forecasts. Experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative research, including focus group moderation and survey-based research. Experience with brand and marketing analytics.
- Data. Ability to navigate and analyze a variety of data including product usage, primary, third party data to answer business questions.
- 5+ years experience in Customer Insights, Customer Experience Analytics, Brand Analytics or related experience.
- Experience leading programs from data development, analysis and recommendations, to implementation across the business.
- Experience with primary research, customer survey research design, customer experience metrics and methodology.
- Experience with survey data and leveraging tools such as SPSS, Marketsight, or similar to analyze and manipulate raw datasets.
- Exceptional presentation, verbal and written communication skills to inspire action.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Tableau, Microstrategy, PowerBI, or similar for dashboarding/visualization.
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to develop meaningful customer insights and connect to relevant and actionable business opportunities.
- Experience with database languages (i.e. SQL) and statistical software (i.e. R, Python, SAS) for analytics.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven consumer electronics environment.
- Advanced degree.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.