Key Account Manager, Retail & Biz Dev
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
Sonos is looking for a Key Account Manager (KAM) to support our top Regional Retailers. This group of partners includes Audio Video Speciality, Corporate Channel and Lifestyle retail segments. As a KAM, you will be responsible for establishing and developing relationships at all levels within your account base. Internally, you will work closely with cross-functional support functions (Marketing, Operations, Regional Trainers, Finance, etc) to ensure we provide a high level of support for each one of our strategic partners to achieve our corporate growth goals.
The core purpose of this role is to drive sustained sales growth with established partners while also identifying new business opportunities within the Retail channel. At Sonos, we are always looking for the best way to reach our audience.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Build and develop meaningful relationships at all levels of our retail partners to support key programs and exceed corporate growth goals.
- Seek and maintain a pipeline of new business opportunities within the various retail channels with the primary goal of reaching new Sonos customers to grow our baseline business.
- Provide channel insights and contribute to the channel forecasting process by developing an intimate understanding of your partner's business. The KAM provides real-time feedback back to channel leads to help ensure an accurate plan for each quarter.
- Maintain a clear list of Risks and Opportunities as it relates to your respective business.
- Work with your Regional Trainer counterpart to ensure a high level of education and support for each account. This team will co-create the best training strategy for the respective retail partner.
- Collaborate with Channel Marketing to invest market development funds with our retail partners to drive growth, market share and support key programs such as promotional periods, key drive times and new product introductions.
- Ability to present and speak publicly in front of large groups (both internal and external) to clearly articulate business trends or program updates.
- Allocate your time efficiently to ensure you are impacting the dealers and supporting opportunities with the highest potential to affect our business.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Between 5-10 years of customer-facing Sales or Marketing experience.
- Consumer electronics experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel domestically 25% of the time.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Understanding of core KPIs such as gross margin, break even, promotional lifts and how these metrics affect our baseline business and company profitability.
- Experience negotiating program terms and on boarding new partners.
- Deep knowledge of established Audio Video Specialty partners.
- Exceptional communicator- both written & verbal.
- Advanced knowledge of key internal productivity tools such as Excel, Powerpoint are required. Additional experience with Salesforce, Confluence, G Suite, Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- A selfless achiever who is motivated to deliver team results, not individual wins.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Data driven, analytical mindset and attitude.
- Self-motivator that thrives in an ever-changing environment.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.