Junior Graphic Designer, Packaging Experience & Visual Design
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Partner with multi-disciplinary teams to solve design challenges with a core focus on experience, embracing company design philosophy of calm technology while building a portfolio of products that improve people’s lives through amazing audio experiences.
- Contribute to multiple product programs and work closely with the Lead Designers to resolve real-world graphic design challenges.
- Support the building of presentation material, honing your storytelling skills
- Develop and maintain global packaging & print materials using Sonos visual design system. This requires an attention to detail and craft that is fueled by deep curiosity, respecting the challenges of delivering a premium ‘out of box experience’ for iconic products.
- Have a deep sense of collaboration with a strong desire to learn. You’ll actively participate in discussions and work that define our packaging visual design experience aligning with Brand and Product efforts.
- Ideate, develop and resolve design concepts through hand sketches, mock-ups, and models; from 2D-3D prints to early prototypes to producing final artwork mechanicals.
- Assist development of guidelines to support our packaging design system as needed.
- Influence and support the development of sustainable packaging efforts or initiatives.
- Portfolio required for consideration
- Aesthetic sensitivity: Ability to consistently deliver and innovate design concepts that express a strong eye towards form and function, attention to detail, visual composition and storytelling.
- Ability to think creatively and critically across a range of problem types while keeping sight of the “big picture” goals.
- Ability to listen to art direction and apply to design solutions.
- Ability to present multiple solutions and influence or drive design changes.
- You can communicate concepts and ideas through verbal, visual, and written means.
- You have a solid foundation of the use of 2D design software such as Adobe Creative Suite.
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience in a corporate or consulting environment.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or Science in the field of Graphic Design, Print & Packaging Design, or related discipline.
- Passion for print and packaging design for premium brands.
- Desire to learn how to develop visual solutions for volume production and manufacturing.
- You’re organized and focused with the ability to prioritize deadlines/deliverables.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others.
- Ideal candidates will have a genuine interest in working across problems that touch upon industrial design, packaging, interaction design and brand in a manner that reinforces the Sonos design and brand promise.
- Familiar with Keyshot.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.