Inside Sales Account Manager
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
Sonos is looking for an Account Manager to manage the Installed Solutions silver dealers channel for our Inside Sales Team and empower the delivery of an epic customer experience throughout the entire customer journey. You will be responsible for establishing and developing relationships at all levels within the account base, including Custom Integrators in the CEDIA channel and targeting growth opportunities with Security Integrators, HVAC Integrators, electrical firms and the Builder channel. Internally, you will build relationships and work collaboratively to deliver high quality external activities.
Success in this role is achieved through the ability to excel in both autonomous and collaborative work environments to deliver results and exceed goals. The terrific part is that we have a great story, extremely cool products, collaborative teams and dizzying growth. If you love music, solving challenges and are driven to exceed goals, we would like to talk to you.
This role can be based out any of our three US office locations (Boston, Santa Barbara or Seattle) but should expect to work East coast hours, as they will be supporting dealers in eastern Canada.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You will build and develop dealer relationships to exceed corporate growth goals.
- You will deliver exceptional sales and product training sessions to channel partners to drive brand passion, advocacy, and partnership alignment.
- Making meaningful progress within the Installed Solutions channel through identifying top growth prospects capable of becoming Gold Dealers.
- You will effectively manage your time to ensure you are doing the right work.
- You will provide channel insights and contribute to the sell-through forecast process.
- You will work closely with all functions of the Americas teams to ensure the defined accounts have cut-through marketing activity, well trained and knowledgeable staff, strong in-store Sonos presence, and a proactive approach to attracting new customers.
- You will establish rapport and planning cadence with priority accounts to deliver a customer experience that is aligned with the Americas strategies in addition to short & long term planning.
- You will build solid internal relationships within Sales, Marketing & Operations.
- You will make meaningful progress within the Custom Integrator channel through identifying top growth prospects capable of becoming higher tier dealers.
- You will target growth opportunities with Security Integrators, HVAC Integrators, electrical firms and the Builder channel.
- You will add value to the Americas team through professional communication of valuable insights, new ideas, and a drive to question everything.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5+ years of customer facing roles within the wider consumer industry with a focus on building and managing key relationships
- Bilingual in English and French speaking preferred.
- Broad professional background within Sales, Product/Category management or Marketing.
- Entrepreneurial background preferred.
- Road warrior, story-teller, and relationship builder.
- Full understanding of business mechanics and acumen.
- Experience in turning relationships around and getting results under pressure.
- Creative, inspiring and progressive.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.