IT Support Engineer, Paris
Department: Platforms and Infrastructure
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Monitor the desktop support queue for incoming tickets and participates in a shift schedule for responding to and dispositioning tickets. Resolve common hardware issues pertaining to laptops, printers, peripherals, and mobile devices. Image laptops for deployment and decommissions depreciated equipment. Manually install requested software. Use internal and external tools to deploy supported software. Troubleshoot/respond to incidents and provide repair services to maintain operations. Prioritize and address incidents and requests.
- Provide input for network related improvements, in both local and remote sites and other assigned technical areas. Participate in the creation of self-service materials for use by the rest of the company, e.g. KB articles and self-help videos. Create and audit specific documentation to ensure that it is up to date.
- Perform new hire desk setups and moves. Perform onboard/offboard activities and licensing for user accounts, including legal holds. Handle account management and access to systems as well as account maintenance and cleanup according to established processes.
- Work with local vendors to schedule RMA's, repairs and replacements. Ensure all delivered inventory matches PO's, maintain received goods listing and sufficient IT and AV inventory levels. Perform regular IDF/MDF maintenance.
- Actively maintain conference room equipment, execute preventative maintenance and troubleshoot AV/VC infrastructure and equipment issues. Support AV team with regular HW & SW upgrades. Maintain & support our Open Area Players deployed throughout the office spaces. Perform routine installations and smaller projects as needed.
- Help coordinate events with local AV vendor(s) together with our Communications team.
- Make them fun and flawless!
- Two or four-year degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university; experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Proven working experience in enterprise technical support, IT support or as a technical engineer.
- Fluent in French and English
- Exceptional customer service orientation for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work non-standard hours, holidays and weekends, and participate in on-call rotation.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems, patching and scripting a plus.
- Experience with Window OS and Mac OSX.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience with JAMF a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Highly self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.