Head of Strategic Partnerships
Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
Marketing, Intelligence and Partnerships at Sonos is a cross-functional, athletic team of makers, analysts and strategists responsible for helping shape and realize our vision as a company. Our global, interdisciplinary team, includes Product Marketing, Consumer Intelligence and Strategic Partnerships, all accountable for helping launch and mature our products, inspire and educate our users, create and collaborate with our partners and employ and empower our people with data.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
As our Head of Strategic Partnerships, you own building our business through Product Partnerships, Brand Partnerships and Partner Marketing. You’ll grow our network and strengthen our experiences through storytelling, relationship management, collaboration and co-creation with our most important partners and developers.
You, as one of our senior most executives, will be asked to:
- Hire and develop a world class team of accomplished managers and individual contributors
- Build, maintain and leverage executive relationships with internal and external business partners
- Identify, prioritize, roadmap and realize unique product and marketing opportunities with key partners
- Negotiate contracts and commercial terms with and alongside legal counsel
You, as a cross-functional leader, will support, collaborate and align with:
- Brand Marketing, Regional Marketing, Marketing Planning and Operations and Public Relations
- Product Management, Developer Advocacy, Design, Engineering and Customer Care
- Operations, FP&A, Sales and Retail
You, as an ideal candidate, bring:
Broad and deep exposure to and experience with business development, product management and marketing
A history of successful partnering and a robust network of professional relationships in music and technology
Technical aptitude or literacy with software and / or hardware engineering philosophies and principles
Seasoned creative development, creative production and agency management abilities
You, as an ideal candidate, are:
- A longtime Sonos owner
- A Modern Music Lover: you pay to stream music and care deeply about the design of your home
- A strong generalist with a diverse background in blue chip startups and large enterprises
- Empathetic and analytical, skilled at understanding and advocating for multiple stakeholders and interests
- An excellent writer, verbal communicator and presenter with refined interpersonal skills
- A seasoned people, program and project manager
You, as a role and culture fit, clearly demonstrate:
- Passion for music
- Bias for action
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Willingness to travel frequently for business
Apply now and help us get to know you and why this is the right opportunity for you. Help us see how and where you put the experience first and how you connect with people. If there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.