Head of New Initiatives and Infrastructure Program Management
Department: Business Operations
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work across all functions at Sonos to ensure alignment and support of the process used to navigate non-traditional new initiatives from the earliest stages of ideation through market introduction or “go live.”
- Collaborate with functional and program leadership across the company to establish and improve the quantitative resource planning necessary to inform program selection, decision making and overall company-wide portfolio management.
- Mentor and coach a broad range of Program Managers to effectively lead the execution of complex programs involving software, partnerships and unique business models.
- Create new adaptive processes that allow us to bring the appropriate level of governance and oversight to new initiatives that will demand alternate models.
- Program level communications: Partner deeply with the leaders of critical functions to promote a system of equality in voice and influence between organizations. Ensure a balanced and fully aligned perspective on program progress and issues is effectively communicated throughout the company.
- Evolve and improve the mechanisms for exploration, incubation and program execution, providing enough visibility and oversight into which ideas proceed and which ones do not.
- 10+ years’ experience as a fully empowered program or product manager for complex programs, and several years of experience in leading an overall program or product management function.
- Strong track record of creating empowered, agile program teams with proper oversight and communication to enable fast decision making.
- Proven track record of coaching and developing people and teams - especially in globally diverse, face-paced, dynamic, and demanding environments.
- Program leadership experience bringing complex, game-changing products to high-volume manufacturing or market introduction.
- Strong collaboration and influence skills.
- Technical background is desired.
- Consumer electronics experience.
- Engineering background.
- Experience communicating and influencing at the highest level of an organization.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.