Head of Global Retail Experience
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Be the point of contact for the Regional Experience Leads and gather the initiatives and needs across Markets as it relates to Sonos’ business in 3rd Party Retailers. These needs include:
- Physical Displays: From Small (One off distribution opportunities) to Medium (Pop Up Retail executions) to large (full display refreshes that are executed every 3-5 years
- E-commerce: Market needs for marketing our brand, new products, and promotions online
- New distribution: New channels or customers where Sonos is considering selling
- Promotions: Gather promotional plans from across the globe, looking for opportunities to consolidate the number of promotions run for maximum effect
- Pricing: Maintain and update an accurate global pricing grid across all market and products
- Be the point of contact for global partners as it relates to Retail (Amazon, Google, IKEA etc.) and work in close collaboration with functional Partnership owners across Marketing
- With input from a cross-functional team, prioritize those initiatives based on business & brand impact and the capacity of teams to execute
- Write briefs for the prioritized initiatives that create plans to have the maximum impact across the globe, looking for common themes and opportunities across markets
- Pass those briefs to the Global Retail Design organization to be created and ensuring the work produced meets the specifications of the brief
- Pass finished work from Global Retail Design back to the Regional Retail Experience Teams for execution, monitoring execution and impact as input to future briefs.
- At least 8 years of experience in Physical & Digital Marketing
- A passion for putting the customer at the forefront of our thinking and plans
- An ability to influence across the organization. You communicate strategies and plans clearly and effectively, and show the impact to the Sonos brand and business
- Track record of success driving a business, innovating, and executing
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with external partners at all levels
- An understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities across Physical and Digital Retail. You are an expert in both field and familiar with the latest thinking
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel required. You have stakeholders across the world and you need to be around them
- Location based in one of our main US offices - Boston, Seattle, or Santa Barbara
- This position reports to the Vice President of Retail
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.