Hardware Verification Lead
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
*Position can be located in Santa Barbara, California or Boston, Massachusetts. Relocation assistance available*
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- As a technical lead for HW verification, you will provide enthusiastic and inspirational technical leadership to the product development program team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for managing the HW verification for a new product through the entire HW development process in close collaboration with other technical teams.
- Early in the process, you will analyze program HW NUD’s (New, Unique, Difficult), identify and understand gaps in existing test methods/processes
- You’ll support the creation of product specific requirements and develop the verification strategy for your assigned product. Together with other product development leads you create the test plan inventory, build a test schedule around the HW prototype build plan and synchronize it with other development teams.
- You make sure product testing is executed as planned through prototype builds while tracking and managing the HW bug backlog. You make sure no shortcuts are taken regarding HW quality and drive data based process to fix all found HW issues.
- You effectively communicate HW test results & status within product program ensuring HW related risks are well managed. You also keep management up-to-date on risks and mitigation
- You work diligently collaborating with our team and growing product HW maturity to mass production readiness.
- When product is ready for mass production, you will ensure smooth transition of responsibilities to the Sustaining Engineering team.
- You provide guidance and mentorship to other team members. You resolve conflicts with influential leadership.
- Experience creating innovative mass volume consumer products of high HW quality
- Experience communicating (written and verbally) and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary environment
- 8+ years experience in product hardware development with a BSEE, BSME or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of computing systems including analog/digital electronics. Design or test experience on transducers, audio amplifier hardware, acoustics, wireless communication technologies, AC and DC power supplies, ethernet and signal integrity measurements is a strong plus.
- Hands-on experience in Python, Java or C/C++ or shell scripting in a Linux environment
- Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and act decisively with high attention to detail. Experience with data driven decision making while avoiding paralysis by analysis.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity and actively seeking clarity to avoid misunderstandings
- Experience being persistent, resilient and convincing when defining, implementing and executing test strategies and plans under a tight deadline through accountability and personal ownership.
- Authorization to work in the USA. Able to travel within the US and Asia.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience in audio, smart home or mobile products
- Background on transducers, audio amplifier hardware, acoustics, sound engineering or wireless communication technologies. Hands-on EE design experience.
- Expertise creating scripts using languages like Perl and/or python.
- Experience collaborating with external ODM/JDM/CM partners from Asia.
- Experience integrating multiple sub-systems (including SW).
- Expertise troubleshooting and debugging wireless and networking systems.
- Knowledge of quality tools and statistical methods.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.