Global Sourcing Manager - Mechanical
Department: Product Operations
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Manage all sourcing activities through product life in the areas of cost management and supply management;
- Lead a sourcing process that includes a cross functional team and utilizes an objective competitive evaluation methodology of scoring suppliers and reaching team consensus on source selection;
- Partner with Design and Engineering teams to review design requirements and compare design alternatives and ensure design finalization decisions are made so that parts can be effectively manufactured in high-volume and in compliance with all volume, yields, quality, cosmetic, and cost requirements;
- Define and maintain, with input and consensus of all internal stakeholders, a sourcing strategy for assigned materials that meets Sonos’ current and future product design and performance, volume, quality, and cost objectives, while maximizing Sonos’ leverage and buying power;
- Develop cost modeling and estimation tools that can be effectively applied to enhance Sonos’ product design activities to understand cost vs. design trade-offs and help to optimize design decisions during the product development process;
- Continuously research and monitor the industry and report on significant activities in the areas of new materials and manufacturing process developments, supplier capacity and R&D investments, mergers and acquisitions, and competitors’ activities;
- Lead all supplier price, capacity, and contract negotiations;
- Continuously maintain adequate supplier manufacturing capacities that support Sonos’ product volume forecasts; Oversee the supplier forecasting and commit process;
- Work with Supplier Quality Engineering to implement supplier yield improvement and continuous improvement and sustaining cost reduction initiatives;
- Identify value engineering opportunities for sustaining products and program manage the implementation to achieve cost and supply improvements;
- Lead bi-annual supplier performance reviews; document corrective actions, assign owners, and follow-through to closure all supplier improvement requirements and actions;
- A minimum of 10 years working experience related to supply chain, manufacturing, global sourcing within high volume consumer electronics industry;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in packaging materials sourcing with suppliers operating in China;
- Solid NPI management experience;
- A proven track record of quickly learning a new sourcing environment and the ability to understand new technologies;
- The demonstrated capability to apply analytical techniques to problem solving;
- A strategic thinker and results oriented;
- Natural leadership competencies; influences others through style, personality and subject matter expertise rather than organizational design;
- An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making;
- A proven supplier relationship management track record;
- Price and contract negotiation skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in Mandarin and English, both written and spoken;
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
- Excellent decisiveness - the ability to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data;
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.