Global Sourcing Manager, Mechanical Enclosures
Department: Product Operations
Department: Product Operations
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements
1) A minimum of 8 years working experience related to supply chain, manufacturing, global sourcing
2) A minimum of 5 years of experience in ME parts sourcing with suppliers operating in China; in a global sourcing organization of high volume consumer electronics industry
3) Solid NPI management experience
4) A proven track record of quickly learning a new sourcing environment and the ability to understand new technologies;
5) The demonstrated capability to apply analytical techniques to problem solving;
6) A strategic thinker and results oriented;
7) Natural leadership competencies; influences others through style, personality and subject expertise rather than organizational design;
8) An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making;
9) A proven supplier relationship management track record;
10) Price and contract negotiation skills;
11) Comfortable working in a start-up environment;
12) Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and English
13) Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
14) Excellent decisiveness - the ability to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data;
In addition, the candidate should have a bachelor degree, preferably in engineering, from an accredited university, be willing and able to travel within China as well as internationally up to 50% of their time, and possess excellent Mandarin and English language skills, both written and spoken.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.