Global Sourcing Manager, Mechanical Enclosures
Department: Product Operations
Department: Product Operations
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
1) A minimum of 12 years working experience related to supply chain, manufacturing, global sourcing
2) A minimum of 5 years of experience in ME parts sourcing with suppliers operating in China; in a global sourcing organization of high volume consumer electronics industry
3) Solid NPI management experience
4) A proven track record of quickly learning a new sourcing environment and the ability to understand new technologies;
5) The demonstrated capability to apply analytical techniques to problem solving;
6) A strategic thinker and results oriented;
7) Natural leadership competencies; influences others through style, personality and subject expertise rather than organizational design;
8) An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision making;
9) A proven supplier relationship management track record;
10) Price and contract negotiation skills;
11) Comfortable working in a start-up environment;
12) Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and English
13) Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
14) Excellent decisiveness - the ability to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data;
In addition, the candidate should have a bachelor degree, preferably in engineering, from an accredited university, be willing and able to travel within China as well as internationally up to 50% of their time, and possess excellent Mandarin and English language skills, both written and spoken.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.