Global Sourcing Manager, Contract Manufacturer
Department: Product Operations
SONOS began with a mission to help the world listen better. Make listening out loud easier, more immersive, more rewarding. Bring people together to share experiences and realize the potential of technology to better our lives. This is the reason behind everything we do. SONOS is more than speakers, it’s an open platform providing great access to the whole of sonic culture. We are building bridges, expanding our platform, forging new partnerships and pushing the limits of what’s possible. Innovation is an unending story, and we are just getting started.
We are now looking for Global Sourcing Manager, Contract manufacturer. This successful candidate will play a significant role in developing SONOS’s global OEM/ODM/JDM sourcing strategies and leading its execution, driving global senior leaders and stakeholder’s engagement and strategic alignment across different stakeholder groups. The successful candidate must have extensive experience working with global OEM/ODM/JDM supplier base, specifically those operating in China within the high-volume consumer electronic sector. Additionally, the candidate should have in depth knowledge of manufacturing, final assembly, testing and packaging processes.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Responsible for the overall sourcing and supplier management activities of SONOS’s Contract Manufacturers, lead CM contract negotiations;
- Develop and execute, with input and consensus of all internal stakeholders, a sourcing strategy for CM that meets Sonos’ business growth, product performance, volume, quality, delivery, and cost objectives, while maximizing Sonos’ leverage and buying power;
- Develop and maintain sustainable relationships with CM, lead Quarterly Business Review and drive CM’s continuous improvement;
- Lead a sourcing selection & negotiation process during NPI that includes a cross functional team of Product Development, Engineering, QA, and Supply Management;
- Build sourcing product categories expertise and market intelligence, establish Should Cost Model and work collaboratively with GSM and Engineering team to drive the cost competitiveness;
- Manage suppliers through product life, lead all activities in the areas of cost management and supply management;
- Continuously maintain adequate CM manufacturing capacities that support Sonos’ product volume forecasts; Oversee the supplier forecasting and commit process;
- Identify value engineering opportunities and yield rate improvement for sustaining products and program manage the implementation to achieve cost and supply improvements;
- Monitor CM’s financial healthy and mitigate the supply risk;
- Bachelor or above degree, preferably in Engineering, from an accredited university;
- Minimum of 10 years working experience related to supply chain, manufacturing, and global sourcing in a global sourcing organization of high-volume consumer electronics industry;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in OEM/JDM sourcing with suppliers operating in global sites including China as a main manufacturing hub;
- Natural leadership competencies; influences others through style, personality and subject expertise rather than organizational design;
- A strategic thinker and results-oriented;
- A proven supplier relationship management track record;
- Excellent decisiveness - the ability to make sound business decisions in the absence of perfect or complete data;
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment;
- The demonstrated capability to apply analytical techniques to problem-solving;
- A proven track record of quickly learning a new sourcing environment and the ability to understand new technologies;
- Solid NPI management experience;
- Price and contract negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in both Mandarin and English;
- Able to travel within the Asia and USA on regular basis
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.