Global Payroll Analyst
Location: Santa Barbara
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Provide global payroll support to the current International and North America payroll managers
- Collate and process changes to payments, salaries and benefits internationally
- Develop and manage key partnerships with internal groups and external payroll providers
- Verify and audit data processed by external payroll providers
- Prepare salary, tax and social contribution payments
- Ensure adherence to legislative requirements and company policies
- Reconciliation of payroll data with internal groups: Finance and People Teams
- Provide timely and accurate response to employees’ payroll related queries
- Act as the primary backup for other global payroll requirements
- Monitor and respond to employee equity questions
- Work with our external stock plan administrator (Solium) to prepare reports for finance and tax
- Audit existing demographic information in Shareworks system and reconcile to internal HRB system
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-3+ years of related experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- Prior payroll experience is required at an entry level position
- Familiarity with equity administration experience is preferred, but not required
- A strong affinity with data with a high degree of competence using MS Excel and reporting tools as well as Google Docs
- Possessing the mindset aligned to the Sonos values; Respect, Transparency, Collaboration and Ownership
- A resilience to overcome challenges combined with a genuine thirst for learning
- Flexibility in approach and a high level of comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to work and understand global pay data
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- An open and collaborative approach to building strong working relationships
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.