Global Inventory Accountant
Location: Santa Barbara
The Global Inventory Accountant will be a hands-on position that will be responsible for the global inventory accounting process to ensure inventory is recorded accurately and timely each month. This position will interact and coordinate with colleagues across all regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC) as well as various cross-functional departments to ensure proper accounting treatment of inventory transactions, provide visibility into the Company’s inventory.
The Global Inventory Accountant will be responsible for performing the monthly accounting close and related analyses associated with the inventory and COGS accounts including inventory accounting and management, channel inventory, gross margin, cash conversion, as well as participating in ad hoc projects as required. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting based in Santa Barbara.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Lead and own all aspects of day-to-day accounting operations of inventory
- Responsible for the global inventory close process, journal entries, account reconciliations and flux analyses
- Prepare and present to management analyses, summarization of notables, and own all inventory reporting
- Work closely with operations to build out new processes and structure addressing and improving the month end close processes
- Initiate, review, and implement process improvements to the inventory accounting process to increase operational efficiencies while maintain the integrity and accuracy of the underlying accounting records
- Drive worldwide visibility of inventory and inventory efficiency
- Improve and maintain inventory and COGS analysis reports and analyze variances
- Collaborate with external and internal auditors to ensure audit requirements are met
- Participate in or lead ad hoc projects, as needed
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- 4-6 years of accounting experience. Specific experience working in inventory and cost accounting is a plus. Experience can be a combination of public accounting and industry experience.
- Advanced Excel/systems skills
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Experience communicating cross functionally in a global environment, and high attention to detail
- CPA preferred
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.