Global Category Planner
Department: Business Operations
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Working closely with Product Marketing, Sales and the Supply Chain teams, the Global Category Planner is responsible to develop and maintain end to end product plans across the product lifecycles of his/her product category, containing long term sourcing and production capacity requirements, inventory and sales projections.
- Working closely together with the Regional Demand Planners as well as the Supply Planning team, the Category Planner actively supports the weekly & monthly Supply & Demand Balancing cycle and translation of Sales Forecasts into clear supply plans, material sourcing plans, inventory projections, product availability service levels and allocations, for his/her product category.
- The Category Planner has responsibility for managing the alignment of Demand and Supply, including projected finished goods inventory, and all analytics and reporting relevant to their product category in the Anaplan system.
- As member of the Integrated Business Planning organization and Global Planning team, the Global Category Planner
- Conducts various analysis both on own initiative and on request from the wider Global Operations organization to support decision making around product category related topics.
- Takes a leadership role in the development and implementation of a best in class planning infrastructure of business processes, operating practices and tools.
- Generates relevant business scenarios and risk mitigation plans for their assigned product category, and presents recommended supply/demand action plans to drive the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Decision cycle.
- Working in concert with the product development program teams, the Global Category Planner is responsible for managing the transition of New Products from the ramp phase to launch execution and sustaining mode.
- The Global Category Planner orchestrates End of Life planning activities, including EOP allocation setting, facilitating EOP decision process, EOP planning, managing inventory transition plans of both Components and Finished Good products across the Sonos Supply Chain and the global Sonos Sales channels.
- BSc degree in Business Management, Statistics, Logistics or Finance preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a complex Global Product Management, Business Operations Planning or Supply Chain Operations environment, in the High Tech, Consumer Electronics or Luxury Consumer Goods sector.
- Solid experience to conduct complex analysis and turn large data sets into meaningful business information .
- Experience in business process improvement projects as well as program and project management.
- Experienced in - as well as flexible to - working across regions, cultures and time zones. Intelligent and ambitious personality with attention to detail and excellent analytic skills.
- Devoted customer oriented attitude.
- Excellent team worker and communicator.
- Ability to turn complexity into simplicity.
- Stress resistant, independent and self starter.
- Advanced skills Microsoft Excel, Access and proficient in, Word, PowerPoint, Share Point; experience with Business Intelligence tools and ERP / Databases preferred. Anaplan experience preferred.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.