Global Category Planner
Sonos is on a mission to inspire the world to listen better. We’ve designed a seamless home music experience. Now we strive to empower listeners, everywhere.
Working closely with Sales, Product Marketing, Product Management, Customer Services and the Supply Chain Operations team, the Global Category Planner is the central point of coordination for the end to end planning of Demand, Supply and Inventory for a specific product category of the Sonos product portfolio.
At Sonos, the Global Operations team is responsible for all global Supply Chain, Customer Service and Business Operations activities required to serve to its global sales channels and end user customers within best in class product delivery and after sales service levels and against lowest possible levels of cost and inventory.
Within Global Operations, the Global Planning team has responsibility for the End to End balancing of Consumer and Channel Partner Demand with Supply. This includes the responsibility to secure product availability against agreed Service Levels, through the careful management of Product Supply plans, as well as through the maintenance of overall Sonos and Sales Channel Inventory levels against agreed business targets. This position also includes responsibility for coordinating new product launch activities, end of life production plans and channel transitions.
Aligned to its vision to listen better and its culture of continuous innovation, Sonos is investing significantly in the expansion of its product portfolio. This results in a continuous flow of new product introductions as well as product refresh, upgrade and transition projects. The need to manage these projects effectively and efficiently adds significant responsibility and complexity to the activities of the Global Planning team.
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
* Working closely with Product Marketing, Sales and the Supply Chain teams, the Category Planner is responsible to develop and maintain end to end product plans across the product lifecycles of his/her product category, containing long term sourcing and production capacity requirements, inventory and sales projections.
* Working closely together with the Regional Demand Planners as well as the Supply and Materials Planning team, the Category Planner actively supports the weekly & monthly Supply & Demand Balancing cycle and translation of Sales Forecasts into clear supply plans, material sourcing plans, inventory projections, product availability service levels and allocations, for his/her product category.
* The Category Planner has responsibility for managing the alignment of Demand and Supply, including projected finished goods inventory, and all analytics and reporting relevant to their product category in the Anaplan system.
* As member of the Integrated Business Planning organization and Global Planning team, the Category Planner
* Conducts various analysis both on own initiative and on request from the wider Global Operations organization to support decision making around product category related topics.
* Takes a leadership role in the development and implementation of a best in class planning infrastructure of business processes, operating practices and tools.
* Generates relevant business scenarios and risk mitigation plans for their assigned product category and presents recommended supply/demand action plans to drive the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Decision cycle.
* Working in concert with the product development program teams, the Global Category Planner is responsible for managing the transition of New Products from the ramp phase to launch execution and sustaining mode.
* The Global Category Planner coordinates End of Life planning activities, including EOP allocation setting, facilitating EOP decision process, EOP planning, managing inventory transition plans of both Components and Finished Good products across the Sonos Supply Chain and the global Sonos Sales channels.
* Bachelors degree in Business Management, Statistics, Logistics or Finance preferred.
* 3-5 years of experience in a complex Global Product Management, Business Operations Planning or Supply Chain Operations environment, in the High Tech, Consumer Electronics or Luxury Consumer Goods sector.
* Solid experience to conduct complex analysis and turn large data sets into meaningful business information
* Experience in business process improvement projects as well as program and project management.
* Experienced in - as well as flexible to - working across regions, cultures and time zones.
* Intelligent and ambitious personality with attention to detail and excellent analytic skills.
* Devoted customer-oriented attitude.
* Excellent team worker and communicator.
* Ability to turn complexity into simplicity.
* Stress resistant, independent and self starter.
* Advanced skills Microsoft Excel, Access and proficient in, Word, PowerPoint, Share Point; experience with Business Intelligence tools and ERP / Databases preferred. Anaplan experience desired.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.