Forecasting Analyst, Product FP&A
Location: Boston, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Conduct detailed modeling to support new product introductions. Work closely with our market insights team to understand the potential revenue for a new product, as well as cannibalization on other products. Work closely with the product team to understand the costs of bringing the product to market, including both hardware and software resources so that we have detailed ROI, DCF and other analytic frameworks
- This will apply to software, hardware and services so develop a framework to compare ROI across different efforts
- With new EOL programs, understand the impact / upsells and how those could impact our existing product forecasts
- Understand impact of certain product features on warranty costs, customer care costs etc. Cross functional view on product roadmap implications
- Support the Long Range Plan as well as the roadmap strategy, partnering with the Product Management Team. Be able to model and provide trade-offs from a revenue and cost standpoint of different product roadmap alternatives and development efforts
- Serve as business/finance partner to product managers, partnering with Product Management/Finance/Global Forecasting during the exploration/incubation phase of a program.
- Understanding pricing and pricing elasticity to help inform our forecast. Work with Finance / GTM / the pricing committee to understand tradeoffs
- Help track and manage the overall gross margin / contribution margin framework with product / analysis on the overall GM and CM with volume impact when making decisions
- Conduct category and share analysis, Use/own/drive the use of ‘syndicated’ sell thru data (NPD, GFK).
- Provide historical analysis of performance vs. assumptions
- Work closely across teams including the product and GTM organizations to understand our forecasts
- 8+ years’ in forecast and business analytics, with a preference for hardware experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes, experience building ROI business cases.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally, experience navigating operational complexity across multiple product lines and synthesizing financial insights into relevant actionable items
- Demonstrated track record in product revenue forecasting, margin analysis, and pricing exposure
- Economics background and familiarity with sizing market opportunities (collaborating with GTM), elasticity modeling, etc. a plus
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.