Fixed Asset Accountant
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Maintain fixed asset reconciliations (gross fixed assets, accruals, WIP, and accumulated depreciation) within Blackline
- Prepare global fixed asset roll forward and project reports to be distributed to global finance
- Improve and develop analysis reports to help analyze balance sheet and income statement account variances
- Assist in the implementation of a new ERP and become fixed assets system superuser
- Implement fixed asset tagging and physical counts for Sonos fixed assets and conduct annual reviews of fixed asset impairment
- Coordinate with business partners to ensure proper transfer or disposal of assets
- Assist the FP&A team on forecasted depreciation schedules and other ad hoc requests
- Prepare annual/quarterly property tax filings and coordinate property tax audits
- Prepare schedules for external audit team on annual filings and quarterly reviews
- Work cross-functionally with the Tax team to provide accurate and timely data for tax filings
- Perform reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts including, but not limited to, deferred rent, capital leases, asset retirement obligations, notes payable, and accrued interest
- Develop, document, and maintain standard operating policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company policy, SOX, and US GAAP
- Participate in or lead special projects for management and other financial functions with the department as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, mathematics, or other related areas
- 2-5+ years of corporate accounting and/or public accounting experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Excel and aptitude with other similar systems
- Experience with SAP and/or Blackline, other related software
- Proven project management and process improvement experience
- CPA preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- High integrity, self-aware, humble, low ego
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.