Financial Analyst, Core FP&A
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Revenue & Gross Margin Planning, Forecasting and Reporting – This is the primary focus of the role, but there will also be opportunities to work on FP&A prioritized projects with bandmates from other teams
- Planning Process - Own the Revenue & Gross Margin calendar and its development
- Forecasting - Work on the quarterly forecasting and annual planning process, long range planning and the external guidance model for the CFO, Exec Team and BoD
- Actuals - Play a key role in the preparation of regular reporting packages, both internal and external. This includes both the analytics and the related story
- Partnerships - Develop strong working relationships with Accounting, FP&A, and Operations
- System - Support the continued development and implementation of Anaplan, our financial forecasting tool
- Data - Ensure and maintain Forecast and Actual data accuracy and integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related analytical field
- 2-3 years of experience in a finance or related role, with strong planning/analysis experience and a proven track record (preferably at a technology or manufacturing company
- Experience with standard FP&A report creation and analyses such as comparisons to Plan/Forecast/Prior Year; understanding of business drivers and the ability to develop a cohesive story that explains results
- Exposure to financial forecasting and data visualization tools – SAP, Anaplan and MicroStrategy experience a plus
- Intermediate or Advanced Proficiency with Excel and MS Office applications
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Ability to interact with and communicate through various channels across business units and geographies
- Process focus - take initiative in streamlining processes and identify/execute on automation and time-saving opportunities to reduce non-value added work
- Multi-national company experience and proven ability to work across time zones a plus
- High integrity, self-aware, humble
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.