Finance Director Supply Chain
Boston, Santa Barbara
Sonos is searching for a Finance leader to join our team. The right person will be passionate about working for a company that lives its brand and delivers on its promise to create the ultimate home music experience. Over the past few years Sonos has experienced high growth with the adoption of music streaming and focus on a smart home audio experience. Sonos is a pioneer in the wireless speaker category and is poised to continue to capitalize on the market opportunity. We have a global supply chain with China based sourcing and manufacturing that ships product around the globe. This large and global operations team; comprised of Product Realization, Product Operations, Supply Operations, Product Engineering, Sourcing, Quality, Global & Regional Planning, Logistics, and Program Management is focused on developing, sourcing, and assembling the material used to develop and build our products and efficiently deliver them to our customers.
We are looking for a Finance leader to drive gross margin improvement across the Company. The right person will have the experience, passion, and energy to build a supply chain finance support structure, reporting, and processes. Based in Boston, Ma, or Santa Barbara, Ca, the Director of Supply Chain Finance will report to the VP of Finance, Chief Accounting Officer. This person will play a critical role in driving gross margin improvements by providing financial planning and analysis support to enable better business decisions to drive product cost reductions and supply chain optimizations. This role will be highly visible in the organization and will be a key influencer in helping the Company achieve its long-term success model. The role will own cost of goods sold, inventory reporting, operations finance, as well as provide financial leadership to the organization on optimizing our supply chain. The right candidate will have the skills to build a product cost focused mindset throughout the company and will be able to think strategically about the role of finance in influencing the evolution of our supply chain.
Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
• Be the finance owner for gross margin and product cost
• Business partner for supply chain operations to drive the right allocation of resources for our supply chain
• Building annual and long term budget/forecast and tracking performance
• Partner across the organization to ensure monthly and quarterly results are well understood, appropriately assessed for improvement opportunities, and in line with guidance.
• Partner with operations and the sourcing team to drive and track costs reductions
• Partner with operations and the business planning organization to optimize the supply chain
• Build ROI business cases to analyze and optimize decision making
• Provide financial oversight for our OEM and supply chain partners
• Oversee inventory accounting and reporting
• Create, implement, and track KPI’s across operations and the supply chain organization
• Partner across the organization to be the finance leader on the supply chain
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned leader with deep cost, inventory, and supply chain experience. They will be a cross functional leader who knows how to collaborate to drive change.
• Bachelor degree in accounting, finance, or business; MBA plus
• 10+ years accounting or finance experience in a manufacturing or consumer products company
• Deep experience with supply chain and OEM partners in Asia
• Experience working with contract manufacturers and negotiating pricing for programs
• FP&A experience in manufacturing or logistics projects
• Experience with high growth consumer product or technology hardware companies
• Multi-national company experience
• Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
• Professional agility and the ability to navigate a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
• Intense attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
• Ability to be strategic while also being able to dive into the details
• Self-starter - demonstrating high energy/creativity and relentless customer-focus
• High integrity, self-aware, humble
Apply now and if there is a strong match, you'll be invited for a first phone interview with one of our recruiters.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.