Our band is large. And while there’s plenty of room for all kinds of personalities and skill sets to succeed, there are certain qualities that will help you thrive here.
Like a never-accept-less work ethic. An exceptionally low ego-to-talent ratio (none of the first, tons of the latter). A relentless craving to push past your limits and try new things. The smarts and the humble confidence to take on big challenges, make mistakes fast and early, embrace tough feedback, then recover quickly with fresh, startlingly perfect solutions. A fearless willingness to defend great work. And a tendency to totally geek out on music.
If this sounds like you, read on and let’s connect soon.
- Organisational design and financial capability roadmap.
- Assess capabilities for short term priorities and resource planning.
- Create vision for the organization including strategy and longer term roadmap of value-add capability needs and resources required to deliver them.
- Manage financial close for China locations and maintaining an effective control environment in a multi-national structure, identifying best practices for the financial functions and recommending structural designs and resourcing levels.
- Lead China financial planning including:
- Partnering with business leadership and Corporate Finance to deliver monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Driving annual budget processes.
- Working in collaboration with business leadership to perform value-added financial analysis, to create financial models and business cases and to identify areas of risk or opportunity and business expansion. This will include marketing investments and sales channel ROI, scalability and profitability analysis.
- Performing variance reporting and analysis that focuses on underlying business drivers which can inform business decisions.
- Owning China financial reporting and aligning financial planning and forecasting activities with corporate FP&A and Corporate accounting operations.
Own China’s cash conversion cycle:
- Working with Corporate Finance, set and drive the cash conversion strategy. Create vision and implement policies, systems and processes to achieve a high velocity world-class cash cycle.
- Build a scalable and sustainable policy and process for setting credit policy strategy / limits for our retail partners. Understand and manage bad debt risk/expense.
- Manage income and VAT tax compliance and local statutory reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance to optimize tax planning strategies and to ensure appropriate legal structure is in place.
- Provide input into the design of the company’s future ERP implementation and enterprise forecasting tools.
- Deliver effective solutions for complex accounting requirements while adhering to Corporate Financial policies, and corporate close and reporting schedules.
- Collaborate across the Global finance team in areas such as best financial practices, financial tool improvements and transparent communication of business trends including risks and opportunities.
- Prepare executive presentations including financial alternatives, comprehensive business case analyses and recommendations on new business opportunities to senior BU leadership and the global executive team.
- Recruit, motivate, develop and retain a high-performance team.
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of progressive finance management roles in high-growth, global companies that have reached at least $1B in annual revenues and preferably within the high volume consumer products industry. The person’s background should include core competencies in financial reporting, financial modeling and analysis, cash conversion cycles and in depth understanding of accounting principles.
This individual will have a well-rounded leadership and management background, including:
- Proven ability to build and lead large teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related major is required. MBA or Master’s degree is preferred.
- Extensive financial planning experience, including multi-division forecasting, project financial analysis and strategic planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally (across operating functions and geographic locations) and with Senior Management.
- High proficiency knowledge of Excel and Power Point.
Additional characteristics and personal attributes will include:
- Unwavering ethical behavior combined with unmatched passion, commitment and drive for quality excellence.
- Natural ability to work collaboratively with others and a communication style that is direct and transparent.
- Ability to think strategically, but also roll up their sleeves and helicopter into detailed solutions when necessary.
- An individual who is passionate about building a game changing, financial function matching and challenging the company’s growth and needs.
- A leader who is able to attract great finance talent and give them the framework and responsibility for getting their jobs done.
- Domestic and international travel required as needed.
- Experience with global supply chains and inventory planning.
- Someone who is innovative and adaptable, and able to work effectively with a geographically dispersed team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Chinese Mandarin and English required.
- Self-aware, humble, low ego.
- Willing to run a transparent department.
In 2002, we set out to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our mission–to fill every home with amazing sounding music. Yes, it was an ambitious goal. Challenging, too. And that hasn’t changed.
Since those early days, we’ve remained tirelessly focused on finding innovative ways to make listening out loud, with friends and loved ones, the truly transformative experience it should be. We’ve seen our vision capture the imaginations of music lovers in more than 60 countries, as we’ve continued to introduce products, software, and technologies that help people share the songs they love, discover new music they never knew existed, and experience richer, more musical lives.
At Sonos, we are building a team with extraordinary talent to help us fill every home with music. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.