Finance Business Intelligence Manager
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Work with finance partners and data team to develop and enhance current analytical capabilities to drive deeper and more meaningful insights into growth drivers, business performance and trend analysis with a focus on data driven decision making
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to identify, develop and integrate key financial and non-financial metrics from the data warehouse to appropriate BI/reporting platform
- Support all finance data and reporting needs for month/quarter close, external reporting, quarterly forecast, annual planning, long range planning and new business development/business case analysis
- Partner with Core FP&A Anaplan developer to build a strategy for reporting best practices given our technology stack and the relevant audience; streamline current reporting, eliminate duplication and enhance our reporting capabilities
- Be the finance data expert. Own data validation, accuracy and completeness within our reporting tools, understand how changes in the business or accounting rules impact key metrics and actively communicate those impacts to affected parties
- Maintain data dictionary, defining key metrics in a user-friendly way; co-lead data governance process development surrounding hierarchy management and controls as it relates to key Financial hierarchies
- Lead adoption and transition to the new reporting/Analytics tool. Create user manuals, lead information sessions and user training, both structured and ad hoc. Encourage and support self-enablement and self-sufficiency across the finance organization
- Participate as a finance representative for ERP implementation, supporting user testing, master data initiatives, and helping finance partners to transition from existing to new systems
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in quantitative coursework including Finance,
- Minimum of 5-8 years relevant work experience
- Experience in data mining across multiple large data sets with solid understanding of relational database structure
- Ability to write and understand SQL in one or more database technologies such as MS SQL and Snowflake; demonstrated knowledge of data visualization tools (Analytics BI, Tableau and/or MicroStrategy)
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts and demonstrated comfort with analyzing the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements and related KPIs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with all levels and disciplines across the organization
- Curious self-starter who demonstrates high energy/creativity, a customer-focused approach and interest in developing a deep understanding of the business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in quantitative coursework including Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems or a related field required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- High integrity, self-aware, humble
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.