Finance Business Intelligence Analyst
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Support all FP&A reporting needs for month/quarter close, quarterly forecast, annual planning, long-range planning and new business development/business case analysis
- Work with FP&A partners and data team to develop and enhance current analytical capabilities to drive deeper and more meaningful insights into business performance, trend analysis and data-driven decision making
- Act as FP&A representative for ERP implementation, supporting UAT, master data initiatives, and helping FP&A partners to transition from existing to new systems
- Collaborate with data team to identify and integrate key financial metrics from DW to Analytics cloud warehouse
- Lead adoption and transition to the new reporting tool. Create user manuals, lead information sessions and user training, both structured and ad hoc. Encourage and support self- enablement and self-sufficiency across the finance organization
- Partner with Core FP&A Anaplan developer to build a strategy for reporting best practices given our technology stack and the relevant audience; streamline current reporting, eliminate duplication and enhance our forecast reporting capabilities
- Be the FP&A data expert. Own data validation, accuracy and completeness within the reporting tool, understand how changes in the business or accounting rules impact key metrics and actively communicate those impacts to affected parties; maintain data dictionary defining key metrics in a user-friendly way
- Co-lead data governance process development surrounding hierarchy management and controls as it relates to key Financial hierarchies (Product, Country, Channel, Profit Center, Cost Center, GL, Project, Vendor and allocation logic)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Accounting, Business, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience with 1+ years using SAP Analytics BI Cloud and exposure to building CDS views
- Intermediate Excel skill level
- SQL knowledge/experience required; familiarity with other data visualization tools (Tableau/MicroStrategy) a plus
- Experience in data mining across multiple large data sets with solid understanding of relational database structure
- Understand finance and accounting concepts and are comfortable with analyzing the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter who demonstrates high energy/creativity, a customer-focused approach and interest in developing a deep understanding of the business
- High integrity, self-aware, humble
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.