Department: Design and Creative
Location: Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
The Experience Strategist will translate company strategy into experience targets which the work of Experience Strategy (XP) delivers against. This is an important role that acts as a bridge between planning and creative functions. Working in collaboration with Portfolio Planning/XP and Product Management, you will be responsible for reconciling business and strategic objectives into program-level experience targets. You’ll also partner closely with Creative Direction & User Research to ensure that research plans and content development cycles maintain alignment with stated objectives.
Acting as a connector between functions in this role, the Experience Strategist will work across business units to ensure that XP projects are understood by internal partners, and that new projects are driven by an informed understanding of customer and market demand. To achieve this, you should have an expansive skill set with an ability to play multiple roles as they move across the organization: analyzer, collaborator, storyteller and influencer.
- Provide thought leadership & strategic vision grounded in the following: quantitative and qualitative analysis, customer insights, market & competitive research, outside-in innovation scouting.
- Work with internal partners (within XP & across Sonos) to gather & synthesize information relevant to XP efforts.
- Work with the planning function in XP to reconcile business & strategic objectives into program-level experience targets.
- Track and mature strategic goals for XP efforts as we move through projects.
- Provide guidance to the Creative Directors & User Researchers within XD to ensure that
- strategic objectives are met as the team moves through iterative build & test cycles.
- Work with User Research to reconcile qualitative and quantitative data sets into actionable recommendations.
- Aid in communication between XP and internal partners.
- Publish reports that can be shared/distributed with internal partners.
- Inspire the team by reporting on relevant trends and consumer insights.
- Be an advocate for the customer experience across the organization.
- Experience launching projects that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking.
- Senior experience (6-8+ ideally) in driving product strategies across the customer experience.
- Experience with software development and experience creation.
- A proven ability to ingest complex data sets and synthesize them into starting points for work partners.
- Skilled at understanding, and advocating for multiple stakeholders and interests.
- Adept at helping cross functional partners see common interests.
- A strong writer and verbal communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Passion for experience led design.
- Advocacy for the user.
- Bias towards action.
- Comfort with ambiguity.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.