Executive Assistant - Product
Location: Santa Barbara
You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
- Complex calendar management that includes scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, setting up video conferences, tracking attendance.
- Act as a thought partner to the CPO on best path for managing calendar and meeting attendance.
- Help bring visibility of the broader Sonos and executive calendar into meeting and event scheduling; partner closely with the other Sonos Executive Assistants on what’s happening across the various organizations.
- Assist with worldwide travel arrangements (airline, hotel reservations), processing country visas and preparing expense reports.
- Coordinate special projects and department activities for the executives and from time to time for the wider Leadership team, including calendaring, booking hotels & conference rooms, organizing attendees and agendas, and arranging food.
- Coordinate leadership meeting agenda and consolidate materials. Ensure attendees are prepared for each meeting; troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise.
- Gather receipts and file expense reports in compliance with company policies.
- Handle inbound phone calls and business mail.
- Collaborate with other support functions (People Ops, Finance, Facilities) in supporting the Product leadership team.
- 6+ years relevant work experience; direct EA experience not a prerequisite
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage a busy calendar that changes frequently and can span multiple time zones
- Flexible and adaptable to fluctuating workload; able to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple tasks at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in asking questions and seeking clarification on tasks or priorities
- A natural assertive attitude and strong communication, organization and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Both a team player and independent worker; high sense of accountability for own work and ability to help others meet their part
- Passionate about music, new technology and electronics.
In 2002, Sonos set out to reinvent the way people listen at home. The wireless home sound system we created makes it easier than ever to fill any and every room with music, podcasts, TV, and just about anything else you could ever want to hear-all with brilliant, immersive clarity. Since then millions of people in over 60 countries have made Sonos part of their lives.
Today we remain focused on innovation, thoughtfully designing products, inventing new technologies, expanding our software platform, crafting the best sound experience and making a positive social impact in the world.
We're empowering people to listen better because listening builds understanding and drives change. It even increases happiness and brings people together. Simply put, listening leads to a better life. (We've got the data to prove it.)
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.