Executive Assistant - Legal
Location: Santa Barbara
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Complex calendar management that includes scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, setting up video conferences, tracking attendance.
- Act as a thought partner to the Chief Legal Officer on best path for managing calendar and meeting attendance.
- Help bring visibility of the broader Sonos and executive calendar into meeting and event scheduling; partner closely with the other Sonos Executive Assistants on what’s happening across the various organizations.
- Assist with worldwide travel arrangements (airline, hotel reservations), processing country visas and preparing expense reports.
- Coordinate special projects and department activities for the executives and from time to time for the wider Leadership team, including calendaring, booking hotels & conference rooms, organizing attendees and agendas, and arranging food.
- Coordinate leadership meeting agenda and consolidate materials. Ensure attendees are prepared for each meeting; troubleshoot scheduling conflicts as they arise.
- Gather receipts and file expense reports in compliance with company policies.
- Handle inbound phone calls and business mail.
- Assist with basic legal matters such as contract administration.
- Maintain professional communication with the Board of Directors as well as some BoD coordination support.
- Standardize operational processes pertinent to the legal function in order to increase team efficiency.
- Collaborate with other support functions (People Ops, Finance, Facilities, Product) in supporting the Legal leadership team.
- 6+ years relevant work experience; direct EA experience not a prerequisite
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage a busy calendar that changes frequently and can span multiple time zones
- Flexible and adaptable to fluctuating workload; able to handle and appropriately prioritize multiple tasks at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in asking questions and seeking clarification on tasks or priorities
- A natural assertive attitude and strong communication, organization and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Both a team player and independent worker; high sense of accountability for own work and ability to help others meet their part
- Passionate about music, new technology and electronics.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.