Embedded Software Engineer
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Use your embedded programming skills to develop efficient code in a constrained device environment and bring a unique user experience to our customers.
- Collaborate with our machine learning and cloud teams to ensure a seamless integration of our embedded software platform.
- Support architectural and implementation solutions that ensure clean SDK integrations into existing codebases.
- Work side by side with partners on tough and interesting integration challenges.
- Develop code for both the embedded system within our products as well as code that resides on mobile devices.
- Knowledge of programming language(s) suitable for Imperative, Object and Functional Programming Paradigms (C, C++, Rust…).
- Experience using Linux as a development platform.
- Advanced science or engineering degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Understanding and experience with multithreading
- Understanding of the full OSI Network model (Layers 1 through 7)
- Understanding and exposure to Agile software development methodology
- Knowledge of Rust programming language
- Experience using Python for high level functional testing
- An insatiable appetite to learn and gain new skills.
- Extra credit for having contributed to / created open source projects.
- Enjoys working in a team, and have the realization that “the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the components”
- Ability to understand and receive creative and constructive feedback.
- Willing to ask questions and challenge team norms.
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.