Embedded Software Engineer, Prototyping
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of talent. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- You will work to prototype and integrate new technologies into the Sonos user experience
- You will collaborate with Audio Systems Engineering, EE HW, User Experience and various SW teams.
- You will use massively-scaled cloud infrastructure to simulate and improve the customer experience, especially as pertains to Voice
- You will work enthusiastically in unknown territory, rapidly learning new skills and tools, and applying them to novel problems
- Strong development experience in C/C++ and Python, object-oriented design and problem-solving skills
- 2+ years of experience delivering reliable, extensible, and maintainable software
- Understanding of embedded operating systems and experience with multi-threaded programming
- Comfortable with GNU/Linux tools and workflows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience articulating technical concepts in cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Experience in any of the following areas in a plus:
- Statistics and data analytics
- Voice and audio in embedded environments (DSP front-ends, wakeword, ASR/NLU)
- Rapid prototyping (raspberry pi / arduino-based platforms)
- Cloud services (AWS/GCP) for massive scaling
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.