Email Developer, Global CRM
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Perform day-to-day email production activities including, but not limited to, email campaign development, testing, tagging, scheduling, deployment and monitoring of one-time, recurring, triggered and dynamic email campaigns
- Develop HTML emails using HTML, CSS, and media queries
- Pulling and scripting elements to be used in dynamic email sends
- Create send definitions, data extensions, send interactions and filters
- Manage list segmentation, list QA, list cleansing
- Handle change requests and provide quick and efficient solutions
- Adhere to quality assurance processes and standards
- Oversee proofing process across global stakeholders in Litmus
- Coordinate with campaign managers and design resources to procure creative assets.
- Manage production tasks and deliverable milestones in collaborative PM tool
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years in email development
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) and AMPscript experience
- Knowledge of multiple aspects of email marketing including dynamic program implementation, template coding, analysis, legislation, authentication and sender reputation systems, deliverability, and general industry trends and metrics.
- Extensive knowledge of scripting and applying business logic in email
- Experienced in responsive email design
- Expertise in email development industry best practices and benchmarks
- Ability to quickly identify and address process and operational gaps
- Email development with a global brand, and localization experience a big plus
- Strong QA process experience is essential
- Past experience with A/B testing and email optimization
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload to deliver on expected timelines
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.