Ecommerce Experience Engineer
Department: Retail, Sales and Commercial
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Bring designs to life in HTML and CSS from Figma, Sketch, or Zeplin
- Work closely with Campaign Managers to scope, point, plan, and execute work that delivers on experience goals. Help inform trade offs while being an advocate for standards
- Be an advocate for Mobile first UX
- Challenge the org to think about the performance, optimization, and SEO implications of design decisions
- Unlock new capabilities for the Ecommerce org by focusing on continuous improvement of your technical skill set and approaches to getting work done
- 1-2+ years of experience
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Comfortable with GIT/version control
- Experience with the Scrum framework, including team roles, artefacts, and events
- Familiarity with Sanity CMS platform and React.js language
- Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud a plus (self-guided modules are available to the public via Trailhead, and Sonos training videos will be provided during onboarding) OR an aptitude for learning new platforms and systems
- Familiarity with Wordpress
- Familiarity with ADA compliance standards
- You have an interest in building a career in ecommerce and are excited about aligning your technical skill set with the global channel, as opposed to working within a pure technology team
- You deliver a high degree of accuracy and are detail oriented
- You understand that there are multiple ways to tackle a challenge, but you’re fastidious in your approach, and care about the standards your code sets
- You have a technical aptitude and an insatiable appetite for learning and staying up to date with technology
- You have experience working in agile development environments
- You thrive in dynamic environments, and appreciate that no two days are alike
- You have excellent interpersonal and prioritization skills, with some project coordination experience
- You model positive behaviors and the Sonos values of Respect and Ownership
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.