Director, Software Quality
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Define the overall validation approach, and help set & drive the product KPIs
- Drive the strategy, definition and execution of that validation strategy.
- Be the “soul” of our data & telemetry effort: ensure we start with a data-first approach to validation, create an all-up instrumentation plan, create and validate our product telemetry, refine metrics, and ensuring teams are leveraging data to drive to our KPIs
- Review requirements, behavior specifications, and design documents to begin test development early and uncover issues prior to implementation.
- Contribute to release decisions by defining and providing product validation reports
- Report issues and supervise issue reporting and general project health
- Ensure a software delivery process with rapid and continuous improvement
- Plan, manage and execute validation campaigns
- Contribute to product documentation (user guide, operation guide, support FAQ)
- Lead, mentor and train other members of the Sonos team
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 6+ years managing a product development team
- Experience with common data platforms & visualization tools (Tableau, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience managing or contributing to automation framework / QA tools development as a developer and/or manager
- Experience testing consumer electronics products and programming framework
- Experience defining use cases, acceptance criteria or software requirements
- Experience managing complex teams that span a variety of work across an organization, or mastery leading a specific discipline
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.