Director, Revenue Accounting
Location: Boston, Santa Barbara
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Oversee a worldwide team responsible for contract review, billing, collections, credit limits, sales taxes, sales incentive accounting and month end close.
- Actively engage with the business, legal, and technical accounting teams to review and support business initiatives; from initial revenue recognition accounting through the entire order to cash cycle.
- Collaborate with FP&A to improve revenue forecasting accuracy and drive enhancements to revenue reporting.
- Be a thought leader to drive consistency and improvement through identification and implementation of best practices and automation in our global revenue accounting, accounts receivable and credit processes.
- Develop, drive, and report on service level agreements, KPI’s, and metrics for the revenue process.
- Drive continuous strategic improvements in quality and efficiency of the revenue close process.
- Partner with the technical accounting team to ensure proper accounting for non-routine, unusual or complex events and transactions
- Develop and maintain order to cash and revenue recognition policies, procedures, with considerations of SOX internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, with a CPA
- 12+ years accounting experience
- Experience in a leadership role in a multi-national public company
- Prior public accounting experience, preferably Big 4 audit at the senior manager level
- Intense attention to detail and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent project management and process improvement skillset
- Strong communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Broad and global mindset. An ability to work effectively in an environment that is culturally diverse
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of identifying and developing top talent
- High integrity, self-aware, humble, low ego
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.