Director, Product FP&A
Location: Boston, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Sonos—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
You want to be part of a team.
You come with new ideas and a unique point of view. You look forward to collaborating with a diverse team of individuals. You assume everyone’s best intentions, welcome a healthy debate, and embrace differing opinions. You eagerly seek and give help. Transparency tops your list of values, and you proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You’re ambitious and comfortable making mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You would rather create the future than wait for it. You prioritize long-term value over short-term objectives.
You love to listen.
You approach every interaction with curiosity and a desire to understand. You want to make a positive impact in the world. You’re passionate about culture and know the power that music, film, podcasts, games, and stories have to bring people together.
- Finance business partner to the Product (R&D) organization, working alongside and embedded in the function and bringing value by providing financial context, relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), analysis and insight to management.
- Help the Chief Product Officer develop strategies that accelerate our hardware and software roadmap with sustainable profitable growth.
- Work closely with our CPO, Head of Hardware and Head of Software to understand resource allocation and prioritization
- Lead the financial assessment and planning for all of product including managing a team dedicated to financial planning and analysis of product development.
- Prepare financial models, interpret data and provide input and analysis on new product development opportunities. Lead forecasting and budgeting process for Product. Work with Go To Market and Operations FP&A teams to refine and manage overall portfolio financial forecasting and performance, product revenue models, margin mix, key financial metrics (growth rate, ARPU, churn, margin profiles) to synthesize and report key business insights
- Partner across the business (Product and FP&A) to ensure monthly and quarterly results are well understood, appropriately assessed for improvement opportunities, and in line with guidance. Provide meaningful insight into product line performance via the creation of management reporting that leads to action. Drive the understanding of P&L, create awareness of trends and steer for long term optimization of revenue and profit.
- Oversight of the budget management process for all operating expenses and CAPEX of the Product organization. Working closely with business partners to set the plans, review actuals against plans, analyze spending patterns and ROI and manage budget interventions.
- Work closely with the Operations team and FP&A lead to ensure that assumptions are consistently captured and applied for successfully launching new products
- 10+ years experience in FP&A as a finance business partner supporting Product/R&D, ideally some experience in a hardware + software company
- Analytical and creative problem solver
- Deep understanding of hardware and software development and manufacturing
- Outstanding communication and business partnering skills
- Organizational skills to lead and develop a world class Product FP&A organization
- Ability to analytically asses and compare competing priorities across the organization and Company
Sonos is a sound experience company. We pioneered multiroom wireless audio, made it sound amazing, and changed the way people listen, making it effortless for them to enjoy what they want, where they want, how they want.
Today we continue empowering listeners by developing new technologies, thoughtfully designing products, expanding our software platform, and crafting brilliant sound experiences while participating in a culture that values respect, transparency, collaboration, and ownership.
Together we’re working to positively impact the world and inspire everyone to listen better—because listening brings people together, builds understanding, drives change, and makes us happier.
Notice to European Job Applicants: Information you submit as a part of your job application will be used in accordance with Sonos EU Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
Notice to U.S. Job Applicants: Sonos is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Follow the links to review the EEO is the Law poster and its supplement. The pay transparency policy is available here. Sonos is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.